Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Wedding Keepsakes

After so many hours, days, and months of planning for THE perfect wedding, you're bound to left in a state of what-the-heck-do-I-do-with-my-life-now... I know I was! Deep down, I didn't want my wedding to be over. "What about all that hard work that went into it?" "What do I do with my leftover wedding keepsakes?" I knew I needed to act fast for one keepsake in particular, my bridal bouquet. I was (and still am) obsessed with my bridal bouquet (a huge thanks to LZ Floral Design), and certainly did not want to just throw out something so beautiful. Why can't fresh flowers just last forever?!



After my wedding, I knew I wanted to hold onto my flowers so I decided to dry them out so I could put them on some type of display. I spent some time looking at tons of ideas like this, and even this on Pinterest. I quickly decided that I wanted to use a shadow box to display my gorgeous bridal bouquet along with some other wedding keepsakes. After a trip to Michael's, I left with a shadow box and some iridescent paper for the background. Once I got home, I got straight to work - grabbed my cake topper, garter, wedding invitation, and dried bridal bouquet and started piecing the masterpiece together.

Once satisfied with the look, I hot glued the pieces to the iridescent paper and slipped it into the shadow box. Once in place, I carefully - you don't want to loose any of those petals - put my bouquet into place. My bouquet was thick enough and pressed right up against the glass to where it didn't need any extra securing.

I ended up hanging it on the wall above my jewelery display - which totally completed the look I was going for! 



This project only took me 10 minutes max to figure out how I wanted my display to look and to assemble. It's super easy, and a really great way to display some of your favorite wedding items.

What did you do with your wedding keepsakes?




No comments:

Post a Comment