Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Beauty Tips Without Breaking the Bank

I enjoy a good beauty tip, but I love it even more when it's something I already have around the house or it's a cheap (but good) buy.

Some of my favorite beauty tips are only a few bucks and they actually work!

Toothpaste is something everyone already has laying around the house. What is it good for? You probably already know of this trick, but it's the best for curing zits! For some reason, I still get zits... I thought that was supposed to stop after high school (wishful thinking). So, when I notice that I'm getting one, I'll apply a dab of toothpaste to the spot and leave it on overnight. Not only does it help reduce redness, but it actually helps zap the zit!

Baking Soda is also something most people have in their kitchen. Baking soda is good for all kinds of things, including sour stomach, keeping your fridge smelling fresh, and baking. But did you know that baking soda is a natural teeth whitener? I started applying a glob of baking soda paste (about a tablespoon of baking soda + a little bit of water or lemon juice) to my teeth for about a minute before I brush them at night before bed. I will brush my teeth with toothpaste plus the baking soda glob already on my teeth to give it a good scrub to get the (coffee and red wine) stains out. So far, so good! Not to mention, this stuff is cheeeap! Much cheaper than a professional whitening session or those pesky whitening strips, which cause so much sensitivity to my teeth.

Exfoliating Mitt or Glove. These. Things. Are. Amazing! I was gifted one at Christmas, and I love it.  For around/under $10, you can exfoliate your skin, which will make it oh-so-soft (and who doesn't love soft skin). These are also great to have around if you are a self tanner, like I am. Self tanner always applies best to exfoliated skin.

Aussie 3-Minute Miracle. This is a great extra conditioner without breaking the bank. I have really fine hair, so I only use it at the most once a week, otherwise my hair retains too much product and doesn't style very well. This stuff really shines and softens my hair, making it look as if I had a conditioning treatment done at the salon. It's really easy and cheap, like under $5 cheap. Your hair will thank you!

Charcoal and Sugar Scrub Mask. The Houston air is so polluted, so I always feel so refreshed after a good exfoliation. The sugar in this mask is a great scrub for my face, while the charcoal opens and cleans out pores - who know charcoal was great for the skin! After I use this mask, my skin feels so clean and soft. I got this at Ulta for a few bucks, and only use it about 3 times a week.

Vaseline. After I had baby B, my lips have been so dry. I typically use the EOS lip balm, but it wasn't cutting it for me. So, I picked up a small thing of Vaseline for dry lips, and I'm hooked! I also like to put Vaseline on my cuticles after I've washed my hands, which gives my nails a fresh appearance.

So, these are my favorite, yet affordable beauty tips! I hope I was able to share a tip or two with you that you didn't already know. :)

I'd love to hear some of your favorite beauty tips without breaking the bank!


No comments:

Post a Comment