Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Patio Revamp

When you drink your coffee in the morning, where do you picture yourself drinking it? Me, I'd be drinking my coffee every morning on the beach in St. Lucia... but since that isn't going to happen any time soon, I find my self drinking my coffee in my kitchen staring into my backyard dreaming of a perfect patio -- where I'd ideally like to enjoy my morning cup of coffee.

Ever since we had our pergola built, I've been itching to spruce up our patio! Coming from a family who has always had the best outdoor space for hanging out, I feel like ours is a total bore... We have some hand-me-down patio furniture that has been great so far, but I would really like something a little more us - nothing too fancy, though... I'm all about simple & comfortable! I'm loving everything blue right now.

table | pillows | planters | chair & fire pit set | lantern
With a couple of plants and succulants, I think these few pieces would make the perfect place to enjoy a morning cup of java or even an evening glass of wine with the hubs. We already have some outdoor string lights from Target, which we love! They provide the perfect amount of light and add so much (for such little cost) to our patio.


I'd love to use our outdoor space more than we currently do - which is hardly ever (can I blame this on the Texas head & humidity?). We really only get out there if we have friends and/or family over, or to watch the dogs run wild, which baby B loves! Maybe if we fix up the space and make it more inviting and comfortable, we'll be out there more often.

I would love to get this space revamped sometime in the near future, especially come fall time - which is our best weather here in Texas. But until then, I'll be enjoying my coffee in my kitchen daydreaming about the patio!

No comments:

Post a Comment