Thursday, May 21, 2015

Thrifty Thursday

We're almost through the week - yay! I'm so looking forward to the three day weekend ahead of us, even though it looks like we'll be getting even more rain - boo. I'm hoping the sun comes out for a little bit so we can take the baby to the pool & this mamma can get a little sun.

I've always loved the idea of saving money and using what you have to make something great. Not only is it a little bit of a creativity challenge (who doesn't love a good challenge), but it also feels good to not pay top dollar for something when you know you can make it yourself. I'm really big into crafting and I wish I had more time in the day to do more crafts, so when I get the chance to craft, I jump on it. 

About a month or so ago, I was going through the baby's room and packing up all his newborn clothes. I was in total denial that he couldn't fit into them anymore, but the time came to box them up. I came across his hospital tags, hospital onesie and hat (cue tears). I didn't want to just box these items up and put them in the attic for ever, so I decided that these items were perfect shadowbox material! We received a really nice pale blue square shadowbox from one of my baby showers, so I used what I had around the house, not having to purchase anything, to put this together. 

I took the sweet baby items and simply placed them where I wanted them in the shadowbox, pinned them down, and taa-daa! Masterpiece. 



This is just the sweetest thing ever and makes me smile every time I look at it. Right now it's in his room on display in his nightstand, but once we finish getting our master bedroom together (will be posting about that soon) I'm sure this will get moved into our room so I can look at it and reminisce all. the. time. 

What are some keepsakes that you guys like to make shadowboxes out of? I could probably make a shadowbox for every occasion! 

Happy Thursday, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment