Thursday, May 28, 2015

One Long Weekend

I'm a little late on my weekend post. We ended up having a four-day weekend, thanks to some ridiculous, never-ending Houston rain. Fortunately, we had no issues at our house. So, to make the best of this extra long weekend, we did some shopping, snuggling, (lots of) grubbing and took a trip out to visit my parents and brother who was in town. Over there we celebrated Memorial Day with some really good BBQ, a game of spades, and just hanging out.






I also decided to try and make homemade baby food over the weekend. From what I've been reading, it's super easy and cheaper than buying jars. Since baby B is only eating a little bit to get used to the flavors and textures right now, I only used 1/3 of the bag. So, all I did was purchase frozen organic peas, steam them for 3 to 4 minutes, and puree them, adding the water from the steamer to help thin them out completely. Once it was fully pureed, I filled my ice-cube tray and popped them in the freezer until frozen. I popped them out into a large zip-lock bag and dated it. My big boy totally approved! :)





No comments:

Post a Comment