Monday, October 6, 2014

Shopping for a Little Man

Hello Monday morning, we meet again. As I sit here sipping my Starbucks Caramel Macchiato trying to get into the groove of things, I can feel my little man moving all around and I can't help but think what life will be like in the few months that he'll be here. We still have a lot of preparation before he makes his arrival, but it's so much fun to look at all the baby stuff, with the occasional purchase of a few items of course. ;)

I have to admit, before I knew baby Atkinson was a boy, I would browse the baby section, but only really looking at the baby girl clothes and accessories. So, when I learned that I'm going to be shopping for a little man, I was slightly disappointed because you always hear how much more "fun" it is to shop for little girls. Now, don't get me wrong - shopping for little girls IS FUN, but it's also a lot fun shopping for little boys, too!

Gap | Old Navy | Carter's
Since I looked at what seemed like all the baby girl clothes and accessories prior to knowing the gender of baby, to my surprise I was a bit overwhelmed when I started looking at all the baby boy clothes! I quickly noticed that boy clothes are hands down freakin' awesome, and it made me even more excited - as if that's even possible at this point - for this little man to get here so I can put these adorable little outfits on him (and snuggle, and kiss, and the list goes on, and on...). So far, I've only purchased a few outfits for this little guy... but I'm constantly finding myself on Gap's website looking at baby boy clothes! This might be considered an addiction (sorry, I'm not sorry)?

I'm really loving all the adorable knit beanies and the thick sweaters with the fun buckles, but unfortunately it doesn't get that cold here in Texas. So, here's to hoping we go on a family trip to somewhere cold sometime soon so I can indulge in this current obsession of mine.

Oh and just in case you were wondering, I do plan on purchasing that ridiculously cute bear sweater hat from the Gap, because what baby doesn't deserve an adorable bear sweater hat?! At least it'll be somewhat chilly when he makes his arrival and we'll have to keep those precious ears of his warm, and that's a good enough excuse for me. ;)

1 comment: