Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Pregnancy Update: 6 Months

Hi everyone :)

I thought I would start doing a monthly bumpdate. I'm currently in my sixth month of pregnancy, so that only leaves three months of updates, but that's better than nothing... right?!

So, I'm six months pregnant. Where has the time gone?



This month baby is roughly the size of a head of lettuce (11 to 14 inches) and weighs around 1.5 pounds.

My absolute favorite thing right now is feeling and seeing this little man move all around. He's super active all up until I mention that he's moving and he all of a sudden becomes shy. Luckily, we caught him off guard one night and the hubs was able to feel him kick.

For my entire pregnancy, I have hardly had any serious cravings. I think one day I craved fresh pineapple and another day I had to have super syrupy pancakes, but besides that... I'm not that picky when it comes to food (just feed me, ok?). However, I am into cheesy foods (pizza, quesadillas, cheese sticks, etc.) - the more cheese, the better.

My skin and hair are something else! I've never been one to have perfect skin or hair, so having such a clear complexion and soft, shiny hair is something I can totally get used to. I have been trying to be better about doing a facial scrub twice a week and deep condition my hair every two weeks, so this may be another reason behind the fabulous skin and hair... but I'm going to blame it on the pregnancy. ;)

Over the past few weeks it's been getting harder and harder to bend over to pick up anything or put on my shoes. I'm also getting terrible sleep - I just cannot stay comfortable for long periods of time, tossing and turning throughout the night. So, by the time 2:30 pm comes rolling around I'm dragging. Tips??

Also, trying to find something to wear is impossible!! Okay... maybe not impossible, but it's definitely becoming more and more of a challenge. For casual wear, I've purchased a pair of maternity jeans from Old Navy that are way more comfortable than actual jeans. They're also a side-panel, which I think I like over the full-panel pants. These jeans are great, and I am pretty sure they will become my annual Thanksgiving pants! For work wear, well that's another story. I've outgrown all my skirts and mostly wear dresses or my one pair of maternity work pants. Maybe it's time to purchase a few more outfits for work to fit this growing belly of mine?!

After a few months of debate (who knew naming a baby would be so freaking hard), we finally decided on little man's name! We put lots of thought into what we wanted in our son's name. First, we wanted his name to begin with the letter "B," like his daddy. Second, we wanted a name of the same origin as my hub's name (English). Finally, I thought it would be neat if our son's name had the same number of letter's in it as mine and the hub's name. With all that, we were pretty limited on what names meet our requirements. For a while, we had it narrowed down to two contenders, but decided recently on his name - which couldn't be more perfect.

Now that our baby officially has a name, I feel like both the hubs and I have a little pep in our step and we are actually beginning to get things together (instead of just planning everything out in my head)!

I could honestly go on and on about my pregnancy or just talk baby, but this post has to end at some point. So, I'll end on that note... until next month!

No comments:

Post a Comment