Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Pregnancy Update: 8 Months

Here we are again, another month down!


At the end of month eight, little man is about 16 to 18 inches long and weighs around four-in-a-half to five-in-a-half pounds (like a honeydew). He's continuing to put on fat, about a half-a-pound each week, so he's nice and plump for his arrival - who doesn't love kissable, fat baby cheeks!?

I've been feeling Braxton Hicks contractions since I entered my third trimester, but they're starting to get more frequent and stronger. I hope I know the different between that and an actual contraction when the time comes!

I'm still feeling lots of jabs, kicks, and baby hiccups. His movements have become much more forceful - he's a strong little guy - but I'm trying to embrace them because I have a strong feeling that I'm really going to miss those crazy jabs after he's here.  Also since baby is getting bigger, I run out of breath quite often. Whether I just finished eating or spoke a long sentence, I feel like I just ran a marathon!

I think I totally jinxed myself with the "good nights sleep" bragging in my seven month update, because MAN have my nights been rough! I cannot for the life of me get comfortable, then once I do... mother nature calls. So, out of bed I go... struggling & grunting...


This should really say, "How I feel when trying to get outta bed every. single. time." to make it more accurate!
As the count-down gets shorter and shorter, I find myself getting more anxious and ready for baby's arrival! We've stocked up on a lot of necessities (super big thanks to everyone who was so very thoughtful and generous - we'd be lost without your help) and have a lot of organizing to do!

 
Even though I've been lacking in the sleep department, month 8 has been pretty darn great! Brandon and I celebrated our birthdays (yes, we share a birthday with each other... I know, we're weirdos).

The desserts are about the size of our heads... Don't judge us.
And *drum roll please* we have a new little one to share our birthday with! Brandon's sister, Brittany, welcomed her daughter, sweet little Ellie (our very first niece), on our birthday!! Talk about the most special birthday yet! Even though we are several hours apart, we are overfilled with love for this little bundle of joy and cannot wait to kiss on her in person. Welcome to the world, baby girl! :)

Isn't Ellie (and mommy) the cutest!?


No comments:

Post a Comment