Thursday, December 11, 2014

Friday Favorites: Make-up Edition

I am no where near an expert (nor do I really know what I'm doing half the time) when it comes to make-up, but I do enjoy getting gussied up! I also love following beauty blogs and learning different tips & tricks to applying flawless make-up and new looks.

So, on that disclaimer note, I thought it'd be fun to share some of my favorite make-up picks!

I used to be a HUGE foundation girl, like wouldn't-leave-the-house-without-my-face-covered-in-foundation type of girl... that was until I realized that the foundation I used wasn't necessarily good for my skin. In other words, it was causing break-outs all the time. I did a little research and found that applying a tinted moisturizer in lieu of foundation gives you coverage, but isn't overkill, and as an added bonus, it provides SPF 30! Ever since then, I have never looked back! I actually prefer the brighter, more natural look tinted moisturizer gives verses foundation. My go to tinted moisturizer is Aveeno Positively Radiant Tinted Moisturizer (in medium). Now, if I do have a blemish that needs extra coverage, my go-to concealer is Benefit Fakeup.
 
http://www.ulta.com/ulta/browse/productDetail.jsp?productId=xlsImpprod2450061#
 
Being eight months pregnant and barely getting sleep, I need a great under eye concealer/brightener. I pair Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Eraser Dark Circles Concealer + Treatment (in medium) with Maybelline Fit Me Shine Free Foundation Stick (in classic ivory). I use the Instant Age Rewind Eraser right underneath my eyes and use the Foundation Stick underneath that (mid-to-high cheekbone working way towards nose) for some brightness. I blend that in with a blender sponge and wallah!
 
 
I love playing around with different eyeshadow pallets. Right now, and for the past year, my favorite pallet has been Urban Decay Naked2. Now this brand you cannot pick-up at your local drug/grocery store and does cost a pretty penny ($54.00 at Ulta), but trust me when I say this pallet is wonderful! It comes with a variety of shades (I'm a gold/brown tones kind of gal, so I prefer the Naked2 pallet over the Naked3 pallet - it just works best with my complexion) and a really great blending brush. Before applying my eyeshadow, I dab a little bit of the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion on my eyes, which helps make my eyeshadow last throughout the day.



I'm not afraid to admit that I love me some blush!! Right now I'm loving Revlon Cream Blush in Charmed Enchantment and Lancome Blush Subtil in Aplum paired together, then topped with a bit of light reflecting highlight, which I just dab at the top of my cheekbones for some shimmer.



I love, love, LOVE Maybelline Falsies Mascara!!! I've tried a couple of different mascaras from The Falsies line, but my favorite is the Volume Express Falsies Flared - this gives big, dramatic lashes every time!  However, I do find that it works best when wet, so when I notice it start to dry out a bit I add a few drips of eye drops into the mascara tube, which makes the product seem brand new.


As mentioned above, I don't consider myself a make-up snob by any means and I try not to spend a ton of money on products. Most of the products I use can be found at your local drug/grocery store for a couple bucks. 

I hope you enjoyed my little post about my make-up favorites -- what are you make-up must haves?

No comments:

Post a Comment