Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Shop Till You Drop

Who enjoys a little Black Friday shopping? I know I do!! 
 
 
It all started few years back... after several glasses of wine... when my step-mom, step-sister and I decided to venture out before sunrise to hit-up the best deals. It sounded like a fantastic idea, until 4:00 a.m. rolled around and we had to get up & get going (disclaimer: I am not a morning person). After the initial shock and downing a pot of coffee, we hit the road! First stop: Wal-Mart.

This. Place. Was. Madness!
  
 
After looking around the store for a little bit we had our deals and were ready to check-out. Little did we know that all the people standing around were waiting in one long ass line! We put our items back - it's not like we had a whole bunch of stuff anyways, and we weren't on the hunt for anything specific - and left the store, never looking back!
 
That year we went to all the major stores, like Wal-Mart, Target, and even the Mall - which wasn't as bad as I had expected. We ended up with some pretty decent deals!


 
The first year was a spur of the moment type deal, but the years to follow we started getting more and more knowledgeable about what we wanted to purchase and for what price. Scoping out the Black Friday ads, which you can find here, totally helped! It seems each year the deals are being released sooner and sooner and the stores are opening earlier and earlier to make your shopping experience worth your while.

When I'm out shopping on Black Friday, I try to do most, if not all of my Christmas shopping. Now, I'm no professional Black Friday shopper - I mostly just participate because I enjoy shopping with my step-mom and step-sister, but I do try and think in advance of the items I know I want and check the store websites to see if there are any deals. Now you can find any in-store Black Friday deal online, which is super convenient (and also known as Cyber No-Work Monday).

We skipped out on Black Friday shopping last year, but plan to get out this year just for fun. My youngest brother is in town, so maybe we'll drag him along with us - he's quiet the comedian. We for sure will be hitting up Kohl's and Home Goods... and maybe Target, because who in their right mind can say "no" to Target?

If you're planning to get out and do some Black Friday shopping this Friday, what are some must-have items on your list and what are some of your favorite stores to stop at?
 
Good luck to everyone who decides gets out there Friday!! :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment