Monday, June 16, 2014

My Latest Interest

Thrifting & creating! That's right. I'm totally into walking around Goodwill and trying to snag something drab that I can turn into something fab (totally didn't do that on purpose).

I've been wanting to add a personal touch to my kitchen for some time now, but just didn't know what to do. After a lot of Pinteresting, I finally found a great idea & inspiration via Little Baby Garvin's Blog. So, off to Goodwill I went! After a few failed trips, I finally came across this mirror priced at a whopping $9.99 - SOLD!


 I brought it home and gave the mirror a good wipe down and a couple coats of plain white wood paint (from Hobby Lobby).


I let the white paint dry completely before taping off the edges so I could apply the chalkboard paint (I bought the chalkboard paint, again from Hobby Lobby, for glass surfaces). I slabbed a couple layers of that on the mirror part and waited patiently (three days) for it to fully dry.


Once the chalkboard paint was fully dried, I (and by "I" I really mean my husband) needed to install the hooks to the back of the mirror so we could actually hang it on the wall - Hobby Lobby also sold these hooks. I didn't know what kind was needed, so I bought the package with every hook imaginable. Once we got all the hooks in place, we were able to hang it in the kitchen - and I just love how it turned out!

 

The chalkboard sat bare for a few days until I figured out what I wanted it to say. So, here's my very first chalk-art on my new chalkboard.






No comments:

Post a Comment