Monday, June 23, 2014

Hello, Sweet Summertime!


It's that time again - sweet summertime! Summer to me means sun, friends, good food, and good times.  Although we've had a lot of rain lately, I'm totally looking forward to getting out by the pool/lake for some much needed sun.

Over the weekend, the hubs and I decided to try out a relatively popular donut shop close to our house, Donut-licious. I'm more of a kolache kind-of-girl, but holy donuts batman! This place was awesome. The hubs went with an Oreo donut and a breakfast (ham, cheese, egg) croissant, and I ordered the usual, blueberry cake donut and a sausage, cheese & jalapeno kolache. We also decided to go donut-crazy and order the pack of filled donut holes (amazing). That, my friends, is what you call a breakfast of champions!



After our donut trip, we cleaned out one of the guest room closets (which was MUCH needed), and donated all the unused items to Goodwill. Who knows, maybe my next thrifting outing I'll see one of our old pieces. I don't know what it is, but getting rid of old, unused items and organizing makes me feel like I totally got something accomplished. We also got out in the yard for a little bit Sunday afternoon. Didn't do too much, just cleaned up the weeds and laid down new mulch. Looks very fresh!

Today is my big boy, T's fourth birthday! It's just crazy how fast those four years have flown by. He's such a good, sweet boy and I'm so happy he's a part of our family.

I can't get enough of the boxer head tilt :)
 Big sis is always close by (and so is their favorite toy, Mr. Snowman).

I hope everyone had a great weekend, whether it be trying a new place, cleaning up around the house, or just relaxing!



No comments:

Post a Comment