Monday, October 31, 2016

Happy Halloween

We've been so busy this month - something has been scheduled/planned every weekend. So, this weekend I was torn between having a (much needed) low-key weekend at home or hitting up the Zoo and pumpkin patch. We did the Zoo last year, and they do a really great job decorating it and hosting fun activities for the kids to partake in. I knew the Zoo would be jam packed this weekend, with it being the last weekend in October and all, so we decided to blow that off for this year. Zoo Boo, we're coming back for you next year!

We ended up taking a trip to the local pumpkin patch Saturday morning to show B all the orange pumpkins (his mind was blown, the grocery store pumpkin display had nothing compared to the patch) and to each pick out a pumpkin to carve. Got the pumpkins home, but it was too warm to sit outside and carve... so we waited and decided to watch a scary movie, The Conjuring 2 (B was napping), instead.

The weather finally cooled down a bit, so we gutted and carved our pumpkins! As we're carving, my husband told me some shocking information... he's never carved a pumpkin before. I mean, whaat? Who grows up and never carves a pumpkin? However, I'm not sure I totally believe him because he did pretty damn good on his pumpkin.

Anyways, we put the baby in his costume and showed him the carved pumpkins all lit up! I just love watching him experience things for the first time and how it makes him smile - pure sweetness. Not to mention, he totally rocked his TMNT costume. 


We're ready for our first trick-or-treat tonight. I'm really hoping he scores some Kit Kats! ;)

Hope everyone has a very spooky (and safe) Halloween. 

No comments:

Post a Comment