Wednesday, October 5, 2016

Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins

It's been really quiet around here the past couple of months, but I wanted to pop in to share something really delicious with y'all. Four glorious words: Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins. Let me just add, the best Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins I've ever had/made (and maybe my husband, too, if he'd just try one already...).
 
We attended our neighborhood's National Night Out gathering last night, which was pretty fun and we didn't have to cook dinner (yes!), and made it home around 7:00. Got bath's done, dogs fed, and started relaxing on the sofa watching Big Hero 6 when I noticed our bananas had seen better days. I remembered seeing a recipe using bananas on Pinterest, so I took a peek into our pantry and decided to put these banana's to use before they're garbage.
 
So, there I was... 7:30 pm, in jammies, pulling everything out of the pantry to bake muffins while my boys are cuddling on the sofa quietly watching a movie.
 

I've been on a baking kick lately - hence the muffin pan and not just muffin cups inside foil muffin cups stacked on a cookie sheet - so I actually had all of the ingredients in my pantry. Meant to be.
 
They may not be the healthiest thing... and we're trying our hardest to stick to a healthy(ish) diet (do Donut-Fridays and 50-piece wings on Saturday count as healthy? No? Damn.), but they're worth every bite. Go ahead, give them a try and tell me I'm wrong!
 
Chocolate Chip Banana Muffin Recipe
Ingredients:
  • 4 medium, overripe bananas
  • 1 egg
  • 3/4 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 1/4 cup vegetable oil
  • 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
  • 1 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1/8 teaspoon salt
  • 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
Directions:
  1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
  2. Mash the bananas (I just used a fork) until mostly smooth.
  3. Mix in the egg, sugar, vanilla, and oil. Mix well.
  4. Add the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Only mix until the batter forms. Fold in the chocolate chips using a rubber spatula.
  5. Pour batter into greased muffin cups (makes 12). Bake for 20 minutes.
 I originally found this recipe via Pinterest (here) for Chocolate Chip Banana Bread
 
Leave me a comment if you've tried the recipe and let me know what you think!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment