Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Spring Cleaning + Organization Inspiration

Y'all, spring is officially here. And you know what that means? Spring cleaning/organization time! If you've been slacking too busy to begin on your spring cleaning and organization lists like me, then here's a little inspiration to get you going.

Lately I've been eager about cleaning up and organizing a bit - we did our garage a few weeks ago - but our weekends have been so busy it's hard for me to start something and stop mid-project. Since my last two spring's consisted of being pregnant and having a little infant, I haven't been able to give the house a good deep clean in a while. So, I'm ready to get this house into tip-top shape!

First, I desperately need to clean out and organize baby B's closet. It's currently full of diaper boxes, which are packed with old baby clothes, bottles, etc., infant toys he doesn't play with anymore, important baby documents (need to find a better spot for these!), hats, shoes, and a whole bunch of other stuff. I would love to add a storage bin to his closet to help sort and organize his things, something like this where things are easily accessible:

image
image
image
Then, our guest room needs some serious attention. It's currently a dumping ground for anything and everything. We got new master bedroom furniture, so we got rid of the old furniture in the guest room and replaced it with our old master set, so it takes up majority of the room (not a big room to begin with). I tidied up the closet a couple weeks ago, but the room still needs a good clean and there are a few decorative things that need to be hung and displayed. I'm also wanting to move my craft stuff from my closet into the guest room closet and organize the dresser to hold more craft stuff and my seasonal decor/junk. Something about a clean, organized guest room just makes ya feel good... and it'd be nice to be able to leave that door open. ;)

image (just because it's pretty)
image
image
Another spot that needs some dire attention is our master bathroom linen closet and cabinets. I can barely look in them without feeling the urge to pull everything out and organize right then and there. I already know we have a lot of excess crap in there that just needs to be thrown out, and we need some type of system for organizing... These storage baskets look like they'd be perfect for storing all the vitamins, sunscreen, hair product, makeup, etc.

My husband thinks I'm crazy, but these images just make me happy. :)

image

image
image

So, it looks like I need to stock up on some storage containers and get to work! All in due course, but hopefully I can start tackling some this weekend. If these beautifully organized spaces don't inspire you, then I don't know what will... (good thing all of these areas have doors to hide the messes, amIright?!).

What are some areas you guys have organization problems and what are you tips for keeping it tidy year round?

No comments:

Post a Comment